Cody Lundin Survival Kit
|Cody Lundin Survival Expert from|
As with all survival kits different items will be added or left behind depending on the situation, but some are mandatory and should always be available in any survival situation. No matter where Cody is out in the wilderness, the 23 items listed below can always be found in his basic survival kit.
Below is a list of Cody Lunden's Basic Survival Kit
- 1 gallon zipper-lock bags
- Tincture of Iodine Tablets for water purification
- Plastic Drinking Tube approx. 3 ft. in length
- 2 unlubricated Condoms used as canteens
- Orange Flagging Tape used for signaling
- Dental Floss can be used for sewing to fishing line.
- Duct Tape (the more the better IMO)
- Small Flashlight w/ spare bulb's n batteries
- Magnesium Fire Starter
- Bic Lighter
- Wooden Matches dipped in paraffin
- Firestarter Excellorent - cotton balls dipped in petroleum jelly
- Magnifying Glass
- Emergency Signal Mirror with sighting hole
- plastic whistle
- Space Blanket single use
- Heavy Duty Space Blanket/ Tarp
- 3 Heavy Duty 40-50 gallon plastic bags
- Paracord at least 50 ft.
- Extra Knife made with carbon steel
- Bandanna brightly colored/non camo
- Basic First-Aid Kit
- Topographical Map and Compass of the area
In addition to starring on Dual Survival on the Discovery Channel since 2010, Lundin is also an accomplished writer demonstrating his primitive survival skills. His first book called "98.6 Degrees: The Art of Keeping Your Ass Alive" was published in 2003 with rave reviews on his style of wilderness survival. He does go into his own personal survival kit which has changed very little over the years.
Cody's second book "When All Hell Breaks Loose" was written in 2007 and covers techniques for longer term survival. Between the two successful books, his survival school in Prescott and a teacher at Yavapi College, all lead to landing a Co-Host spot on Dual Survival Show and made Cody Lundin one of the most recognized expert's in Primitive Survival Skills.
So how much can you make as a survival instructor? We'll in his case, Cody Lundin has a net worth over $1.5 million including an underground 100% off the grind home that is completely paid for. Yes, life has been good to Cody doing something he loves to do, Survive!
Cody Lundin's Website
Friend Cody on FaceBook